by Caitlin Saniga
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chili pepper or chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin
- 2 15.5-ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 avocados, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus wedges for serving
Heat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, combine the chipotle pepper, paprika, cumin, coriander, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and 1 teaspoon salt.
Place the pork on a rimmed baking sheet and coat with the spice mixture. Roast until the internal temperature of the pork registers 145 degrees, 40 to 50 minutes. Let rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss together the beans, avocado, cilantro, scallions, chili pepper, lime juice, the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Let stand while the pork roasts.
Serve the pork with the bean salad and lime wedges.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe: Real Simple
Photo: Caitlin Saniga