by Sarah Steimer
- 1/2 cup raw quinoa
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2/3 cup plain or garlic hummus
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup loosely packed herbs, such as flat-leaf parsley or mint
- 2/3 cup pomegranate seeds
Combine the quinoa, flour, egg white, water, salt and pepper. Let the mixture sit for about one hour.
On a baking sheet covered with a piece of parchment paper, distribute the batter into three circles. Use a spoon to spread the batter out to a little thinner than a half inch, with each circle about 7 inches in diameter. Bake for about 16 minutes, using a spatula to flip the flatbreads over about halfway through.
Let the flatbreads cool. Top with the hummus, feta, herbs and pomegranate seeds.
Makes three flatbreads.
Recipe adapted from: Closet Cooking