by Sarah Steimer
- 1 1/2 cups assorted tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, sliced into ribbons
- 3/4 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4-1/3 cup crumbled feta
- drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- drizzle of olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 slices good bread (I used a sunflower rye bread — I knoooooow!)
- 1 clove garlic, halved
Toss together the tomatoes, basil, chickpeas and feta. Drizzle the mixture with the balsamic vinegar and olive oil and season with salt and pepper, all to taste. I probably used about 2 teaspoons of vinegar and oil each.
Lightly drizzle the slices of bread with the olive oil. Either toast in a pan on the stove or under the broiler. Once toasted, rub each side of each piece with the garlic halves. Thinly slice the garlic and add to the tomato salad; toss.
Serve the tomato salad over the garlicky toasts, and offer a fork and knife.
Makes two servings.