by Caitlin Saniga
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 pear or Gala apple, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- juice from two clementines or one orange
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 box angel hair pasta (or spaghetti or linguine)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add squash, sweet potato, pear, clementine juice, garlic, sage, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Cover and let cook for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally until squash and sweet potatoes are tender when pricked with a fork. Add water to keep ingredients moist if needed.
Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions. When pasta is cooked and drained, toss with olive oil. Serve pasta with a mound of squash mixture and Parmesan on top.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe: Caitlin Saniga
Photo: Caitlin Saniga