by Caitlin Saniga
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 1/14 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large celery stalks, coarsely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 small green onion, thinly sliced (about 2 tablespoons)
- chopped chives, for garnish
Using a fork, prick the sweet potatoes in several places. Microwave them on high about 8 minutes, or until tender, turning over midway through cooking. Cool the potatoes until easy to handle. Peel off the skin and cut in chunks.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper until blended.
Add the sweet potato chunks, celery, red pepper, pineapple, pecans and green onion to the mayonnaise mixture. Toss gently until evenly coated. Sprinkle with chopped chives.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe: The Oprah Magazine Cookbook
Photo: Caitlin Saniga