by Caitlin Saniga
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups 1/2-inch cubes peeled red-skinned sweet potato (yam)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 yellow bell pepper, 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in sweet potato, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon water. Cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes. Add bell pepper. Cover; cook until sweet potato is tender, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Add corn and tarragon. Saute, uncovered, until corn is tender, 2 minutes. Season with salt, black pepper, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe adapted from: Bon Appetit
Photo: Caitlin Saniga