by Caitlin Saniga
- 1 1/2 cup dry shell pasta
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, roughly minced
- salt and pepper
- chopped cilantro for garnish
Cook pasta according to package instruction. Drain well, and set aside to cool
Peel avocado and remove the pit. Put it in a food processor with chopped cilantro, lime juice, mayonnaise and garlic. Blend until it’s creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer the avocado sauce to a medium sized bowl. Add cooked pasta and toss well. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
Makes 2 main-dish servings.
Recipe adapted from: NorikoBurky.com
Photo: Caitlin Saniga