by Caitlin Saniga
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon and 1 tablespoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound frozen baby lima beans
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup torn fresh mint leaves
Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil.
In the meantime, make the vinaigrette: Whisk together the oil, vinegar, oregano, garlic, and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Set aside.
Add the beans and 1 tablespoon salt to the boiling water, and cook until the beans are tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Rinse with cold water, drain well, and add to the bowl with the vinaigrette. Add the feta, olives and mint, and toss to combine. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Make 4 servings.
Recipe adapted from: Real Simple
Photo: Caitlin Saniga