by Sarah Steimer
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained
- 2 jalapenos, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 3 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Bring to a simmer and continue simmering for about 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool. Place in a bowl and chill in the refrigerator. Store in a well-sealed container. I used two 16-ounce jars that previously held store-bought salsa.
Makes about 24 ounces or four cups of salsa.
Recipe: Sarah Steimer
Photos: Sarah Steimer
*Throughout July, “A Dip and a Sip” will feature our favorite salsa and margarita recipes — all of which can be found here.