by Caitlin Saniga
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped into small bits (seeds removed if you don’t want your face to evaporate)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 (8 oz.) bottle zesty Italian dressing
- juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 bunch chopped fresh cilantro
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and chill in the fridge for 2 hours to let the flavors blend. Serve with tortilla chips or spoon over tacos.
Recipe adapted from: AllRecipes.com
Photos: Holly Saniga
*Throughout July, “A Dip and a Sip” will feature our favorite salsa and margarita recipes — all of which can be found here.