by Caitlin Saniga
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 cup mixed greens, roughly chopped
- 1 small bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing, divided
- 6 6-inch flour tortillas
- 6-8 grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese (more is good, too)
- hot sauce and lime wedges, to pass alongside
Steam sweet potatoes in a small pot until a fork prick glides cleanly through the potatoes.
Meanwhile, mix greens and cilantro in a small bowl. Combine black beans and 1 tablespoon Italian dressing in another small bowl.
Mash steamed sweet potatoes with the back of a fork in another small bowl, incorporating the remaining 1 tablespoon Italian dressing.
Assemble tacos by topping tortillas with layers of sweet potato mixture, bean mixture, greens mixture, tomatoes and cheese. Squeeze fresh lime juice over and sprinkle with hot sauce, if desired.
Makes 6 tacos.
Recipe: Caitlin Saniga
Photos: Caitlin Saniga