by Caitlin Saniga
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh oregano, divided
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small onion, peeled, halved lengthwise, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 10 grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 4 whole-wheat 8-inch tortillas
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon oil, and teaspoon each thyme and oregano in a small bowl; set vinaigrette aside.
Lightly coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray or olive oil. Toss eggplant, zucchini, onion and remaining 2 teaspoons each thyme and
oregano in a large bowl. Spread in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Roast, tossing occasionally, until golden, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool slightly.
Transfer vegetable mixture to a large bowl. Add chickpeas, tomatoes, and salt; season with pepper. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Arrange mozzarella in center of the tortillas. Top each with 1 1/4 cups vegetable salad. Roll up.
Recipe adapted from: The Martha Stewart Living cookbook – The New Classics