by Caitlin Saniga
- 5 ounces fresh arugula (4 1/2 cups), stems removed
- 2 ounces radicchio, halved crosswise and cut into this strips (3/4 cup)
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese, shaved with a vegetable peeler (1/4 cup) … or more
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Put the arugula, radicchio and Parmesan cheese in a serving bowl, and set aside.
Whisk the vinegar with salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl. Whisking constantly, pour in the oil in a slow, steady stream, and whisk until emulsified. Toss the salad with the vinaigrette. Serve immediately (or reserve the dressing separately, and toss with salad later).
Makes 2 lunch-size servings.
Recipe adapted from: The Martha Stewart Living Cookbook – The New Classics