by Sarah Steimer
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, cubed (check out my previous how-to for hard boiling eggs here)
- 2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon OR thyme
- 2-3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- hot sauce, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
To caramelize the onions, heat the oil in a pan. Add the onions and cook over a low flame, stirring occassionally. It should take about 15-20 minutes for the onions to caramelize – but not burn. Add the garlic and tarragon/thyme and cook for a few more minutes, until fragrant. Set the onion mixture aside to cool.
In a small bowl, combine the mayo, mustard, hot sauce, salt and pepper, and caramelized onions. Add the cubed eggs and lightly toss to coat.
Serve on its own or as a sandwich with spinach and arugula.
Makes 2-4 servings, depending on size.
Recipe adapted from: Cook’s Hideout