by Caitlin Saniga
- 4 6-inch flour tortillas
- olive oil
- 4 strips bacon, cooked for 2 minutes in the microwave
- 1 red pepper, roasted, skin removed and julienned
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1 small zucchini, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 3/4 cup shaved mozzarella cheese
- cayenne pepper, to taste
Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place 2 tortillas on each baking sheet. Brush the tortillas with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
Use paper towels to soak any extra grease from the bacon, and cut the bacon into 1-inch lengths. Divide the bacon among the tortillas. Do the same with the red pepper strips, onion, zucchini, capers and mozzarella. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper.
Place the baking trays on separate racks in the oven. Cook about 7 minutes, then rotate the trays, checking for doneness. Cook 5-7 minutes longer, allowing the tortillas and bacon to crisp and the cheese to melt and begin to bubble. Serve immediately.