by Caitlin Saniga
- 4 cups + 1 cup chopped, seeded watermelon
- 2 cups chopped, seeded tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro + sprigs for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint + sprigs for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil + sprigs for garnish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar (I used a peach white balsamic vinegar I picked up at a specialty oil and vinegar store.)
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
Place everything except the 1 cup of chopped watermelon and the herb sprigs in a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
Divide the gazpacho among four bowls, and top each serving with 1/4 cup chopped watermelon and a sprig each of cilantro, mint and basil.
Serve chilled immediately or store the gazpacho and toppings separately in the fridge for up to 1 hour before serving.
Makes 4 servings.