by Caitlin Saniga
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 cup cooked black rice
- 4 large kale leaves, thinly sliced
- 12 grape tomatoes, halved (gold or otherwise)
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into half-moons
- 1 bell pepper, cut into thin strips (purple or otherwise)
- 3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
Toss the onions with the vinegar in a small bowl; set aside about 10 minutes.
While the black rice is still warm, toss it with the kale, tomatoes, cucumber and bell pepper. Add the red onions and stir to combine. Pour the olive oil over top and season with salt and pepper. Toss one more time. Serve immediately. Sealed in an airtight container, this salad lasts 1 day in the fridge.
Makes 2 servings.
Recipe adapted from: Everyday Food