by Sarah Steimer
- 1/2 grapefruit (from a fruit that has been cut width-wise, of course)
- 2-3 teaspoons good-quality honey
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup low-fat or fat-free Greek yogurt
Use a small, sharp knife to cut along the membrane-defined sections of the grapefruit. Do not remove the sections. Drizzle the grapefruit with honey and add a pinch of sea salt. Place in a tin or glass baking dish under the broiler. Broil for about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
Toast the sesame seeds and quinoa over a low flame in a small, dry saute pan, stirring constantly (the quinoa will pop a little when it is hot). Saute for only a couple of minutes or until the quinoa has darkened a little. Remove from the pan.
Place the yogurt on a plate or in a bowl and top with the quinoa-sesame mixture. Use a spoon to remove the grapefruit sections and place on the yogurt.
Makes 1 serving.
Recipe adapted from: Bon Appetit