by Sarah Steimer
- 1/2 cup walnuts halves
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Sherry vinegar (I substituted red wine vinegar)
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 large carrots, scrubbed and sliced thin either with a peeler or mandoline
- 3 medium radishes, cut into thin wedges
- 1 scallion, sliced thin on a sharp diagonal
Toss the walnuts with the vegetable oil on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for about 6-7 minutes, or until lightly toasted and fragrant. Add the sugar, along with a pinch of salt and pepper, immediately after the walnuts are removed from the oven. Toss to coat.
Whisk together the yogurt, vinegar, honey, coriander, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Place the carrots in colander, set in a bowl of ice water. Let sit until the carrots begin to curl, 2-4 minutes. Remove from the water and let dry, patting lightly with a towel.
Combine the carrots, radishes and scallions. Toss with as much salad dressing as you would like (I didn’t use it all). Serve topped with the sugared walnuts.
Makes about 2-3 servings.
Recipe adapted from: Bon Appetit