by Caitlin Saniga
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 pounds trimmed boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 large orange bell peppers, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- freshly ground black pepper
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
Mix 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, coarse salt and coriander in medium bowl. Add the lamb, and toss to coat. Cover and chill 2-4 hours.
Prepare a grill (medium-high heat). Thread lamb on skewers alternately with peppers and onions, and place on a baking sheet. Brush with oil; sprinkle with pepper. Grill to desired doneness, turning occasionally, 7 to 9 minutes for medium-rare.
Arrange the kebabs on a serving platter, sprinkling the parsley over top.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe adapted from: Bon Appetit
*It’s the heart of summertime, and it’s just way too hot to stay in the kitchen. We’re cooking outdoors this month by grilling up kebabs — all of which can be found here.