by Caitlin Saniga
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 1/4 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed and left whole
- 1 small red onion, sliced into 8-10 wedges
- cilantro for garnish
Prepare the grill, positioning the rack 2-4 inches from the heat source.
Blend the mustard, curry, cardamom, coriander, cinnamon, ginger, salt, pepper and olive oil in a small bowl. Rub the mixture over the meat, coating thoroughly.
String the onions on four skewers, separating each slice slightly. Brush lightly with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper
When the grill is very hot, place the tenderloin on the rack and cover. Grill, turning the meat to brown all sides, until almost cooked through but still slightly pink in the very center, about 10 to 15 minutes (the internal temperature at the very center should be 145 degrees when you remove it from the heat). Let the meat sit for 10 minutes before cutting it into 1/2 slices.
Meanwhile, grill the onions, turning to brown both sides, until soft and browned on the edges. Serve the tenderloin with the onions and cilantro.
Makes 3-4 servings.