by Caitlin Saniga
- 2 large sweet potatoes, pricked all over with a fork
- 1 cup kidney beans, rinsed thoroughly
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- juice from half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 2 scallions, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled tortilla chips
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the sweet potatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake until tender, about 45 minutes. Set aside.
Mix together the beans, salsa and garlic. Set aside. Whisk together the lemon and oil, and season with salt and pepper. Toss together the cabbage, scallions and feta, the pour the dressing over top. Toss to combine.
Slit the sweet potatoes down the center, then divide the bean salsa and slaw between the two. Top with crushed tortilla chips.