by Sarah Steimer
- 2 cups oats
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1 1/2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup raisins or other dried fruit
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
In a large bowl, toss together the oats, flaxseed, sesame seeds, walnuts, pecans, pepitas, brown sugar, salt, vanilla, ginger and cinnamon.
Whisk together the honey and vegetable oil in in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Remove from the stove and pour over the oat mixture. Use a spoon to toss the mixture together and coat with the honey and oil.
Spread the granola over a parchment-covered cookie sheet. Bake for about 25-30 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes, or until the granola is fragrant and golden brown. If the granola begins to smell burnt or you notice some pieces are getting too dark, remove from the oven early.
Add the raisins to the granola and toss. Let the granola cool before storing in an air-tight container. Store at room temperature.
Makes about 5-6 cups of granola (I never measured it out!).