by Sarah Steimer
Halloween is one of my top three holidays. It fits nicely into my pure, unbridled love for all things autumn in general (no, this does not include pumpkin spice lattes). This year I decided to have a few friends over for a little Spooktacular, and I was certainly not going to skimp on the food or drink.
I thought I’d share some of the items on my Halloween table with you all, in case you needed a few ideas for a monster mash of your own.
- guacamole with black (blue corn) tortilla chips
- cheddar puff pastry bites (recipe to come)
- witches’ fingers
- assorted Halloween candy (heavy on the mini Reese’s, of course)
- Dark & Stormy (rum and ginger beer)
- whiskey and cranberry juice
- (not pictured) autumn pizza rolls
I decorated the table with some black napkins, a carnival squash, a couple of candles candles and some spider, skull and bat rings.
Did you notice the mixed drink bottles? Those were my favorite part. I don’t have pitchers or a punch bowl for serving drinks, so I got a little creative this year. Here’s how:
- In the days, weeks or months before the party, save some liquor and wine bottles with resealable lids. Or just ask your hard-drinking friends for some of their bottles.
- Clean and dry the bottles.
- Paint over the labels with black paint. Once dried, use a white paint marker to write the name of the new beverages on the bottles.
- Use a funnel to fill with the new cocktails.
Do you have any go-to food or drink recipes for Halloween? If so, let us know in the comments!