by Sarah Steimer and Caitlin Saniga
One of the best ways to make sure you won’t be taking 20 trips to the grocery store in one week or letting leftover produce spoil is to organize. And what better time to get into the habit (and to definitely not want to be at the store) than during the holidays?
We’re giving away this “What to Eat” planner, which includes about 60 sheets and has a handy magnet on the back. Each sheet lets you jot down your plan for every day of the week, including dinner, breakfast, lunch and “grab bag.”
We put together a few additional tips to help you plow through your weekly meal planning and grocery shopping:
- If you are buying produce or another perishable for one meal but don’t plan to use the whole item, come up with some additional meals that week that will include this item so you can use it before it goes bad.
- Take a look at your list of dinners. Can any of these double as great lunches the next day? For instance, use leftover fish or shredded chicken for an easy lunchtime salad.
- Sometimes it helps to check out your grocery store or market’s weekly ad before you even make your meal plan for the week. The items on sale might help decide what meals you’ll make.
- Eat before you plan or head to the grocery store! We’ve all made the unfortunate decision to shop when our stomach was growling louder than our voice of reason, and it’s not been in the best interest of our wallets.
- Make a mental trip through the store before you go. Group similar items (produce, baking supplies, dairy products, etc.) together as you write your shopping list. It’ll save you time and keep you from getting distracted.
So how can you win this magnetic planner? Simple!
- Share one of your meal planning or grocery shopping tips. Leave your tip as a comment on this post, and you’ll be entered in the drawing once.
- Click “share” on our Facebook post about the giveaway to tell your friends and family about our giveaway, and you’ll be entered in the drawing once more.
- Retweet our tweet about this giveaway, and you’ll be entered in the drawing once again.
Good luck! The giveaway ends Thursday, Nov. 21, at 3 p.m. EST.