It should be fairly obvious by now that we’re pretty in to Meatless Monday around here. [Ahem.]
For the past three years’ worth of Mondays, we’ve taken turns posting a menu item that’s meat-free, and this week Meatless Monday recognized our efforts, adding So Hungry I Could Blog to its list of Bloggers on Board. We couldn’t be more thrilled!
Some facts about MM:
- Meatless Monday is an international campaign that encourages people to not eat meat on Mondays to improve their health and the health of the planet. — Wikipedia
- Meatless Monday began in 2003, launched in association with the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. — MeatlessMonday.com
- Meatless Monday has a global presence and is now active in 29 countries. — MeatlessMonday.com
What it means to be a MM blog:
- There are more than 130 blogs officially linked up to Meatless Monday at last count.
- Affiliated Meatless Monday blogs provide a staggering number of meat-free recipes options. We make up a strong network of resources for people who choose to skip meat on Mondays and other days. Explore the other blogs here.
So! On this eve of Thanksgiving, we’re thankful to be MM official. Going forward, we’ll keep sharing our favorite meatless recipes on Mondays, and we hope you’ll keep trying them.
Thanks for sharing in our excitement, and Happy Thanksgiving!
— Caitlin and Sarah