by Sarah Steimer
For the dressing:
- 1 shallot, chopped
- juice from 1 orange
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup oil
- about 2 tablespoons water
Combine all ingredients except the water in a food processor and pulse until creamy. Add the water as needed for consistency. OR, combine all ingredients in a small glass jar with a tight container. Shake vigorously until well blended.
For the salad:
- 15-20 Brussels sprouts (makes about 2 cups)
- 3 slices bacon, preferably thick-cut (Going meatless? Try a fake bacon or sun-dried tomatoes instead)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
Use a mandoline or a sharp knife to shred or slice the sprouts. Set aside.
Heat a medium saute pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the slices of bacon. Cook until crisp. Let drain on paper towel before crumbling.
Keep a couple of tablespoons of the bacon grease in the pan. Heat and add the sprouts. Toss and cook until the sprouts are a bright green color, about 2 minutes.
Arrange the sprouts, crumbled bacon, pomegranate, almonds, cheese and eggs on a plate. Drizzle with the dressing.
Makes about 2 servings.
Recipe adapted from: Pinch of Yum