by Sarah Steimer
For the salad:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 3 large handfuls arugula, long stems removed
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1-2 tablespoon finely shredded Parmesan cheese
Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Toss the dressing with the arugula, pomegranate and cheese.
For the tilapia:
- 3 tablespoons chopped raw pecans
- 3 tablespoons panko or regular breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 egg white
- 2 tilapia fillets
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a small, rimmed baking dish, mix together the pecans, breadcrumbs, brown sugar, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Add the olive oil to moisten the mixture. Bake the mixture until light golden brown, about 7-8 minutes.
Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees. Lightly coat a glass baking dish with oil.
Whisk the egg white in a shallow dish. Dip each fillet in the egg white, followed by the pecan mixture. Be sure to lightly press to pecan coating on each side. Place the fillets in the prepared baking dish and top with any additional pecan mixture.
Bake the tilapia until just cooked through, about 10 minutes (fish should be opaque and easily flaked).
Serve with the dressed arugula salad.
Makes 2 servings.
Tilapia recipe adapted from: Cookin’ Canuck