by Sarah Steimer
- 7 cups rice square cereal
- 1 1/2 cups crushed salted pretzels
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
Toss the rice squares and, pretzels and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
Melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter using either a microwave (heating in 30-second shifts) or the double-boiler method on the stove. Pour the melted chocolate-peanut butter combination over the cereal and pretzels. Carefully toss with a spatula.
Place the mixture in a large freezer bag and add the powdered sugar. Seal the bag and shake gently. If necessary, add more powdered sugar.
Makes 8-9 cups muddy buddies.
* Call them muddy buddies, puppy chow or something else entirely — these crunchy cereal mixes are sweet. And February is Chow Time.