by Caitlin Saniga | photo by Joel Hawksley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 2 heads broccoli cut into florets
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
Heat the oven to 450 degrees. Whisk together the olive oil, salt and ginger. Pour over the garlic and broccoli, and toss to coat. Spread the broccoli on a baking sheet and rose for 15 minutes, until tender and lightly browned. Discard the garlic cloves. While the broccoli roasts, combine the scallions and cilantro in a large bowl.
To make the vinaigrette, combine the rice wine vinegar, lime juice, olive oil, sesame oil and soy sauce. Whisk until emulsified.
Add the cooked broccoli to the large bowl with the cilantro and scallions. Add the vinaigrette to taste, and toss to coat. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 4 side dish servings.
Recipe adapted from: NYTimes.com