by Caitlin Saniga
- 7 cups corn rice square cereal
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons finely ground espresso
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
Place the cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
Whisk together the powdered sugar, cocoa powder and ground espresso in a medium bowl. Set aside.
Place the chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl, and cook for 1 minute. Remove, stir and return to microwave to cook in 20-second increments until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
Pour the melted chocolate mixture over the cereal, and fold to coat thoroughly. Pour the powdered sugar mixture over top, and toss to coat. Allow to cool before serving.
Makes 7 cups.
Recipe adapted from: Your Cup of Cake
* Call them muddy buddies, puppy chow or something else entirely — these crunchy cereal mixes are sweet. And February is Chow Time.