by Caitlin Saniga
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1.2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cored, cut into 1/4-inch florets
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups penne pasta
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
Peel the eggs and coarsely grate them. Set them aside.
Heat the olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-low heat. Stir in the coriander, and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the onion, garlic, cauliflower and salt. Cook, stirring often, until the cauliflower is golden brown, tender and sweet, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Meanwhile, cook the penne pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup pasta cooking water.
Return skillet with cauliflower to medium-high heat. Add the reserved pasta cooking water and penne, and toss gently to combine. Cook for 1 minute, then stir in the grated egg, cheese, parsley and lemon zest and juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide among 4 bowls.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe adapted from: Bon Appetit