by Caitlin Saniga | photo by Joel Hawksley
- 1 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced into 2″ slivers
- 1 large green bell pepper, sliced into 2″ slivers
- 1 package chicken-flavor Ramen noodles, broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread the almonds on a baking sheet, and toast for 6-8 minutes, or until golden brown and fragrant. Set aside.
Whisk together the Dijon, brown sugar, black pepper and olive oil.
Combine the bell peppers, uncooked noodles, cilantro and almonds. Pour the dressing over top, and toss to coat.
Makes 6 side dish servings.