by Caitlin Saniga
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces baby bella mushrooms, cleaned, trimmed and sliced into 1/4″ pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- coarsely chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- baguette, thinly sliced and toasted
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Arrange the mushrooms in a single layer in the pan as much as possible. Layer the rest on top. Cook mushrooms, without stirring, until caramelized, about 4 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium. Toss the mushrooms, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until mushrooms are browned, about 3 minutes more. Add the garlic, butter and thyme. Cook until the garlic is golden and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Remove the skillet from heat, and add the wine. Return the skillet to heat, and cook until wine is evaporated, about 4 minutes. Garnish with parsley. Serve warm on top of toasted baguette.
Makes 4 appetizer servings.
Recipe adapted from: MarthaStewart.com