by Sarah Steimer
- 4 eggs, hard boiled, peeled and halved (directions for hard boiling eggs found here)
- 1/3 cup sauerkraut, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon sauerkraut liquid
- 1/2 tablespoon spicy brown or Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- thyme leaves from 1-2 sprigs
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
Mash the egg yolks in a bowl. Stir in the sauerkraut, liquid and mustard. Season to taste with the salt and pepper. If the mixture seems too dry, add more sauerkraut liquid.
Spoon the mixture into the egg halves. Top with the thyme leaves and smoked paprika. Serve immediately.
Leading up to Easter, we’re shelling out some fresh ideas for deviled eggs. See all of our All in One Basket recipes here.