by Caitlin Saniga
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
Heat the olive oil in a small skilled over medium-high. Add the onion and garlic, and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and started to turn golden. Add the spinach, reduce the heat to medium, and cook about 1 minute more, until the spinach has wilted. Remove the skillet from the heat, and set aside.
In the food processor, combine the cannellini beans and chickpeas. Pulse a few times, scraping down the bowl as needed, until a coarse mixture forms. Scrape the spinach mixture into the food processor, along with the smoked paprika, coriander, salt and lime juice, and pulse a few more times to combine.
Serve at room temperature.
Makes about 2 cups.
Recipe adapted from: My Food Diary