by Sarah Steimer
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups spinach, torn
- 1/4 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 small white onion, thinly sliced into half moons
- 1 1/2 roasted red peppers in oil, chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 chorizo sausage, casing removed
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons crumbled chevre
Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large pan. Add the spinach and toss to coat, heating until the spinach begins to wilt. Add the vinegar and a pinch of salt. Remove the spinach from the pan and set aside.
Add a splash more olive oil to the hot pan if necessary; toss in the onion, red pepper and garlic and saute until the onion is translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Add the chorizo, using a spoon to break the meat up as it cooks, about 5 minutes or until cooked through. Season with the paprika, cayenne and salt. Add the chickpeas and toss. Adjust the seasonings.
Stir in the spinach, chives and parsley. Top with the chevre and serve warm.
Makes 3 servings.
Recipe adapted from: Food52