by Caitlin Saniga
- 2 pounds raw chicken tenderloins
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped dill
- 1 small yellow onion, diced finely
- 2 stalks celery, diced finely
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup almonds, toasted
- pita pockets, sliced in half
- greens and slices of cucumbers or red bell peppers for toppings
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the raw chicken tenderloins and poach until cooked through, about 30 minutes. Remove from pot, allow to cool, and use 2 forks to shred the chicken.
Add the mayonnaise, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Taste, and adjust seasonings as necessary.
Combine the chicken, dill, onion, celery, feta and almonds in a large bowl. Pour the sauce over the chicken mixture. Toss until thoroughly coated.
Stuff pita pocket halves with chicken salad, greens and red pepper slices or cucumber rounds.
Store chicken salad in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Makes about 8 cups chicken salad.