by Sarah Steimer
- 2 ounces blanco tequila (or, more traditionally, gin)
- 1/2 ounce honey simple syrup*
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 4 dashes rhubarb bitters (I used Fee Brothers rhubarb bitters)
- thin slices of rhubarb and lemon, for garnish
*To make the honey simple syrup, combine equal parts honey and water in a saucepan. Heat until thoroughly combined, then cool. Stays in the refrigerator for up to 6 months.
Combine the tequila, simple syrup, lemon juice and rhubarb bitters in a shaker, along with a few ice cubes. Shake vigorously for about 10 seconds. Strain into a cocktail coupe or martini glass. Garnish with the rhubarb and lemon slices.
Makes 1 cocktail.
Recipe from: Wine Enthusiast