by Sarah Steimer
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light-brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large banana)
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 8 ounces chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Sift together the flours, salt and baking soda; set aside.
In another bowl, beat together the butter and sugars with an electric mixture until the mixture is pale and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined. Mix in the banana. Add the flour mixture and combine. Stir in the oats, chocolate chips and walnuts.
Drop heaping tablespoons of the dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets, leaving about 2 inches in between. Bake until just set, 12 to 13 minutes.
Let cool on sheets for about 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks and letting cool completely.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
Recipe from: Martha Stewart