by Caitlin Saniga
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can small red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes with garlic
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 scallions, sliced finely
- salt and pepper to taste
Prepare the brown rice according to package directions. Don’t leave out the salt! Allow to cool for 20 minutes before serving.
Combine the black beans, red beans, diced tomatoes, lime juice, cilantro and scallions in a large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Divide the rice and then the bean mixture between 4 plates. Serve at room temperature.