by Sarah Steimer
- 10 whole graham crackers, broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped (do get it as fine as possible, otherwise the larger pieces can get stuck to the tart pan)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg white
- 2 cups nonfat Greek yogurt, drained overnight*
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 cups strawberry slices
*To drain yogurt: Place yogurt into a cheesecloth-lined colander. Cover the yogurt with the loose cloth ends and place the colander in a bowl to catch the drained liquid (whey). Place in the refrigerator and let sit overnight. Once ready, transfer the drained yogurt to a medium bowl and set aside. Discard the drained liquid.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray or otherwise lightly grease a 9-inch round or 14-by-4.5-inch rectangular fluted tart pan with a removable bottom.
Pulse the graham crackers, ginger, sugar and salt in a food processor until finely ground. Add the butter and egg white and pulse until the crumbs are evenly coated. Press the crumbs in the bottom and up the sides of the tart pan. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the crust is lightly browned. Let cool completely.
Combine the drained yogurt and honey in a bowl. Spread the mixture into the cooled crust and arrange the berries over the surface.
Makes about 8 servings.
Recipe adapted from: Food & Wine