by Caitlin Saniga
- 1 medium ripe cantaloupe, peel removed, coarsely chopped
- 1 large English cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, coarsely hopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (For a more pure cantaloupe color, use white balsamic.)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Sriracha to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup diced English cucumber
- 1/2 cup diced cantaloupe
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
In a blender or food processor, puree the fruits and vegetables. Pour the olive oil, vinegar, lime juice and Sriracha through the machine’s intake. Season with salt and pepper. If the texture is too thick, add water a little at a time. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Taste, and adjust seasonings as needed.
Prepare the salsa just before serving. Divide the gazpacho among four bowls. Top with salsa. Serve chilled.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe adapted from: Ratatouille et Compagnie