by Sarah Steimer
- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes, halved crosswise if large
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1/2 jalapeno, thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, torn
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Toss the potatoes with 2 tablespoons olive oil and place on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Roast, tossing once, for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool slightly and flatten with the back of a fork.
While the potatoes are cooking, whisk together the vinegar and mustard. Gradually whisk in the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to emulsify; season with salt and pepper. Toss the dressing with the potatoes, jalapeno and parsley. Season with salt and pepper again if desired.
Makes about 4 servings as a side.
Recipe adapted from: Bon Appetit