by Sarah Steimer
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, sliced into 1/4-inch or 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 1 small spring onion, sliced very thin and rinsed under cold water
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 2 tablespoon dill, torn
- 2 tablespoon basil leaves, torn
- salt and pepper, to taste
- sunflower or pumpkin seed meat, for garnish
Shingle the tomatoes slices on a large plate. Season with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar and olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Toss the onions in the dressing and transfer to the tomato plate (leave the vinaigrette in the bowl).
Crumble the cheese over the onion and tomatoes.
Toss the herbs in the vinaigrette and scatter over the tomatoes and onion. Drizzle the plate with the remaining vinaigrette and garnish with the seeds.
Makes 2 servings as a side.
Recipe adapted from: Paul Kahan via Refinery29