by Sarah Steimer
- 1/2 pound of green beans (I used a combination of green beans and wax beans), halved crosswise
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (can use another grain)
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- spiced vinaigrette
Blanch the green beans in a pot of boiling, slated water until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer the beans with a slotted spoon to an ice water bath.
Toast the sunflower seeds in a dry pan over medium heat for about 5 minutes, tossing occasionally; set aside.
Toss the green beans, quinoa, sunflower seeds, chickpeas, feta, dill, lemon juice and vinaigrette in a large bowl.
Makes 4-6 servings
Recipe from: Bon Appetit