by Caitlin Saniga
- 1 cup cooked farro
- 3 cups packed torn kale
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup torn mint leaves
- finely grated zest from 1 lemon, plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
Combine the farro, kale, onion, and mint in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the dressing over the kale mixture, and toss thoroughly to coat. Sprinkle with feta and almonds. Serve at room temperature.
Makes 6 side-dish servings.
Recipe adapted from: MarthaStewart.com