by Sarah Steimer
- 2 large handfuls of shishito peppers
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white or yellow miso paste
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, lightly toasted
Preheat your oven’s broiler.
Heat the oil in a medium saute pan; once hot, add the shishito peppers and cook over medium heat. Let the peppers cook and begin to blister, tossing occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
While the peppers cook on the stove, combine the garlic, miso paste and cheese in a small bowl.
Place the peppers in a glass or metal dish and top with dollops of the miso mixture. Place under the broiler and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the peppers have blistered further and the paste is a deep golden-brown.
Serve warm, topped with the sesame seeds and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
Serve 2-3 as a side.