by Sarah Steimer
- about .75 pounds fresh salmon (or enough for two servings)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic, sliced thin
- 4 thin slices lemon, plus about 1 teaspoon juice, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoon raspberry-pepper jelly or another favorite, good jam
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2-3 large handfuls fresh greens (with edible flowers if you can find them!)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Cut the salmon into two pieces. Place in a glass baking dish and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Distribute the garlic and lemon slices over the fish. Bake for about 10-15 minutes, or once the salmon is opaque and can be easily flaked with a fork.
In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon olive oil, lemon juice, raspberry-pepper jelly, vinegar and season with pepper. Place the greens in the bowl and season with a pinch of salt before gently tossing to dress the salad.
Serve the salmon and salad together.
Makes 2 servings.