by Caitlin Saniga
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 24 ounces baby bella mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2 large yellow onions, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8-10 fresh sage leaves, sliced thinly, plus more for garnish
- leaves from 8-10 stems of fresh thyme, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 48 ounces vegetable broth
- 3 15-ounce cans cannellini beans
Melt the butter in a large pan over medium-low heat. Add in the mushrooms, onion and garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the mushrooms have reduced in size, and the onions have turned translucent, 10-15 minutes. Stir in the fresh herbs and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Deglaze the pan with white wine, and cook until the liquid has mostly evaporated, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, pour 1 cup of the vegetable broth and 1 can of beans into a food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth. Add the mixture to the pan once the wine has evaporated, then add the remaining broth and beans. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and serve warm, garnished with fresh herbs.
Makes 6-8 servings.
Recipe adapted from: She Wears Many Hats